2Pac (also known as Tupac Shakur) remains one of the most dominating figures in the history of rap. 2pac helped changed the way individuals viewed rap and brought it into the mainstream. While rap has continued to evolve over the years, the former wrapper has a long listing of rather famous quotes, detailing his life, life around him and everything from his feelings to how pain makes an individual stronger and helps individuals move past adversity in their life. While some quotes are simply about him, others contain important ideas that anyone, even someone who does not directly follow or immediately enjoy wrap, is able to live buy.
10. Everybody’s at war with different things. I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.
As 2pac mentions, everyone has issues that they have to deal with. There is an internal struggle going on with every single individual on the planet, regardless of the situation or where they are from. No matter where people come from, many even share the same wars they fight internally.
9. There’s gon’ be some stuff you see that’s gonna make it hard to smile in the future. But through whatever you see, through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humor, you gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit.
Staying positive is sometimes the only thing that can help someone move past their problems and to another day. Throughout life there is turmoil, stress, sadness and so many other negatives. Without the ability to stay positive, many individuals are just going to succumb to the world around them. By staying positive and keeping a sense of humor, it is possible to move onto another day.
8. Forgive but don’t forget, girl keep your head up. And when he tells you you ain’t nothing, don’t believe him. And if he can’t learn to love you, you should leave him.
Forgiveness is essential, but it is important to never forget, as it is going to help you avoid making the same mistake, as 2pac recommends, if you are in a situation where the other individual can’t move past it, it is time to leave.
7. If you walked by a street and you was walking a concrete and you saw a rose growing from concrete, even if it had messed up petals and it was a little to the side you would marvel at just seeing a rose grow through concrete. So way is it that when you see some ghetto kid grow out of the dirtiest circumstance and he can talk and he can sit across the room and make you cry, make you laugh, all you can talk about is my dirty rose, my dirty stems and how am leaning crooked to the side, u can’t even see that I’ve come up from out of that.
As 2pac indicates, there is beauty just about anywhere. There are strong, beautiful individuals who grow up from just about anything, and despite coming from someplace that might not have much to offer, they themselves have much to offer. Beauty is still beauty, no matter where it comes from.
6. I believe that everything that you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that’s bad, I’m going to suffer from it. But in my mind, I believe what I’m doing is right. So I feel like I’m going to heaven.
In the eyes of 2pac, you need to sow what you intend to reap. Eventually, it is going to come back to you, so it behoves you to do the right thing.
5. I am society’s child. This is how they made me and now I’m sayin’ what’s on my mind and they don’t want that. This is what you made me, America.
Society can mold individuals into the way it wants it. 2pac believed this very much, and he pointed this out in the quote, that he acted and rapped about society, essentially point out what society had made him become.
4. That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life.
As long as you learn from your mistakes, you are able to grow from them. The stronger you are as an individual the better off you are going to be in the long run.
3. Since we all came from a woman, got our name from a woman, and our game from a woman. I wonder why we take from women, why we rape our women, do we hate our women? I think it’s time we killed for our women, be real to our women, try to heal our women, cause if we don’t we’ll have a race of babies that will hate the ladies, who make the babies. And since a man can’t make one he has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one.
2pac would often wonder why men treat women the way that they do. After all, everyone came from a woman and received everything in their life from a woman, so it makes no sense why they would treat a woman so terribly.
2. You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened…or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f–k on.
Sometimes it is just better to move on and forget about the situation. Over thinking about any one thing is enough to drive you crazy.
1. I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up, and handle it.
Just remember, as 2pac pointed out, no matter how difficult the situation you’re in, there is always bright days ahead of you.