Anyone, at any age, can suffer from acne. An acne breakout occurs when the oil glands that are located around hair follicles become clogged with excessive oil or dead skin cells. Once clogged, a red, painful pustule forms. Acne commonly occurs on the face, neck, shoulders and chest. Anyone suffering from acne can wander what the best ways to grid of acne truly are. Acne can not only cause emotional distress but the skin often becomes scarred by severe and persistent attacks. If treatment is started early, the risk of scars is significantly reduced.
Here are ten best ways to get rid of acne.
- Don’t Pick the Acne. Picking acne lesions can cause it to spread. Hands are covered in grime, oil and dead skin cells. Constant picking spreads the oil, grim and dead skin sells from the area that is sensitive to the acne so can quickly spread it and cause more eruptions to occur. Persistent scratching and picking also increase the incidences of scaring.
- Washing the Area Often. Simply washing will help to prevent acne outbreaks by removing the oil, grim and dead skin sells that clog the pores. Twice a day is generally sufficient. Overly washing the skin can dry it out and cause acne to become worse.
- Reduce Stress. One of the best ways to get rid of acne is simply stress reduction. Stress causes skin to produce more oil which can lead to acne
- Exercise. Exercising three or four times a week helps build up a sweat. Sweat naturally cleans the skin’s pores out and will flush the excessive oil and dead skin sells out pores. Shower after exercising to wash away salt that can build up on the skin and clog pores.
- Over the Counter Acne Medicines. One of the best ways to get rid of acne effectively is often as simple as turning to over the counter acne medicines such as benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide helps to dry out the oil from the skin and helps to kill the bacteria that causes the inflammation of acne. Salicylic acid helps burn off the layer of dead skin cells that cause blockage.
- Makeup. Avoid wearing makeup that may cause the pores to become blocked and break outs to flare up. If makeup is a necessity, try to find makeup that does not clog the pores or contain excessive amounts of oil.
- Antibiotics. Often the first line of treatment is to get a prescription from a doctor for antibiotics. The antibiotics clear up the skin by killing the bacteria that causes acne.
- Hormones. Women often suffer from fluctuating hormoens. which can cause breakouts to occur. One of the best ways to get rid of acne is to go on birth control pills which help to regulate the body’s hormones.
- Isotretinoin. Isotretinoin is a prescription medication that has been shown to effectively treat even the most severe acne cases. However, the drug is not without risks. Severe birth defects have been reported. When taking Isotetinoin, birth conrol should always be used.
- Light. Light treatment has been used to effectively control and reduce the incidents of acne. The heat created by the light shrinks the oil glands in the skin. The doctor uses a wand like instrument to effectively treat the area.
The best ways to teat acne often require a bit of experimenting. One treatment may be more effective for one individual, but not work well on another person. Most people opt to try a variety of treatments. Sometimes one treatment will fail, or only last for a short time, which makes seeking alternative treatments a necessity.